Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rose Quaker Sampler

I couldn't resist stitching Rose Quaker from Stickideen von der Wiehenburg after reading from Hearty Tones. This is my first time stitching on 40ct linen, it is uneasy since I have been stitching on 32ct for so long. But it is fun and the outcome is so gorgeous. I'm stitching this over 2 on 40ct Lambswool Linen from Wichelt using 1 strand of the DMC listed on the chart.

Oh well.....I did not have a good start. I did not differentiate between symbol Celtic and Cross clearly, hence I stitched it wrongly :(  No wonder the design did not stand out as it should.

Beside Rose Quaker, I also stitched another simpler design by Bent Creek, Autumn Row. The pumpkins look very cute. However, I ran out of DMC 310 Black, will try to finish it up after getting 310 today.

Happy stitching!

No comments: